Are you looking for ideas to renovate the bathroom but you have a somewhat tight budget? Then this article is for you. We know that you need to redecorate or redesign your bathroom, but you do not want to spend all your savings and, much less, take money that you could well use for other types of needs.
Also, updating or adding a bathroom to your home is an improvement project that adds value. In other words, you will get back a significant part of the investment and fully revalue your house. Therefore, determining how much you can invest in remodeling your bathroom will depend on the scope of the changes you could make.
If your budget is low, that is, $ 1,000 or less, then the ideas to reform the bathroom have to be cosmetic, but there are many options, such as new accessories or a new faucet, new paint, or a modern shower.
But since we know that you come here because you have a tight budget, then here are these ideas to reform the bathroom that will help you make a decision:
- Limit the number of tiles. Tiling gets expensive, especially when you hire someone to take care of everything. To save money, limit the number of tiles and focus on high impact areas such as the floor, or precisely the floor within the shower walls. Alternatively, you can lay a horizontal strip along the wall and paint the rest.
- Save on granite countertops. A popular trend is splurging on granite countertops. To save money, consider and rate a wide range of colors.
- Use paint as the first option. The third of the ideas to reform the bathroom is to paint. If you don’t have much to invest, repainting will be the cheapest and perhaps most effective way to give your bathroom a new look. However, here is a word of caution. Another thing to consider is humidity. Since mold grows easily in a bathroom, and humidity and temperature change frequently, it is a good idea to invest in high-quality paint with a satin finish.
- Do a grout cleaning. Another bathroom renovation idea is that grout is often overlooked. When this gets dirty, it gets ugly. By simply cleaning the grout, you can add shine for a few dollars.
- Redo, do not buy new. Replacing your old bathtub or shower will cost you money. Instead, get it professionally trimmed, which is much cheaper. Refinishing these accessories is more expensive because very few people choose to do it unless they have old parts, and the contractors who offer this service often charge a premium price.